Monday, March 18, 2013

Adventures in Nature - Drowning in Mayonnaise


Mayonnaise is hands down the best condiment in the world. In. The. World. Mayonnaise was, in fact, a bonding point for my fiancé and I, dipping our French Fries lovingly into the creamy, white condiment while gazing adoringly at each other. It should come as no surprise, then, that the long list of chemical ingredients lurking in my mayonnaise brought a tear to my eye. How dare there be modified cornstarch in my mayonnaise! My mayonnaise! Is there no justice in the world?

Wiping away a tear, I channeled my inner Scarlett O'Hara. With god as my witness, I shall never be without mayonnaise again! Crack! An egg into the bowl, splashed with just a hint of juice from a freshly squeezed lemon. A capful of rice vinegar cascaded into the bowl. A pinch of salt. A pinch of ground mustard. Olive oil sticks to the side of the tupperware. Bent over the sink, I whisk and whisk and whisk until I have nothing left to whisk for. Mayonnaise, mayonnaise, mayonnaise.

White, creamy oil
Fattening spread good with most
Anything; mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment