Friday, March 22, 2013

One Giant Step for Man, One Giant Smack to the Ovaries for Woman

Breaking News: North Dakota just passed a law 57 to 35 to grant unborn fetuses personhood rights.

Take a minute. Chew that up. Ponder that. Because I've pondered it and I'm unbelievably pissed.

Be on whatever side of the "life starts at conception" debate that you want. This measure is insane. Not only does it make abortions illegal in all circumstances including rape, incest, and endangerment of the mother's life, but it also makes illegal certain forms of birth control and in vitro fertilization. Even Mississippi voted this down. Mississippi, one of the most socially conservative states in the nation, once behind only Alabama, now behind Alabama and North Dakota. North Dakota, as its name suggests, is in the North. The North.

Chew on that one.

So, apparently the unborn fetus has more rights than the mother. I'm floored by just about everything about this, but what kills me on this is that even North Dakota's State Representative Kathy Hawken (R) realizes this bill is ridiculous. While she is pro-life, she's had friends and family raising children conceived from in vitro fertilization and, in her own words, "I believe if men had babies we would not be having this discussion."

Amen! All of a sudden all those bad feelings from the Republican presidential debates are resurfacing and I'm feeling squeamish in my skin while Paul Ryan and Rick Santorum discuss what is and is not okay for me to do when I go visit my doctor. Funny, I don't recall having a relationship with either of them, yet they seem to have a deep and misguided concern for my vagina and its inner tubing. Also, I really like a good date before I get fucked and then am told I have to have the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment