Friday, February 26, 2016

9 Ways the 90s Blew Our Minds

1. MAGIC EYES



Straining your eyes to see the image, squinting, moving back and forth, desperately searching, and then, finally. Mission accomplished. 

2. NIRVANA



Admittedly, you don't know what they're saying half the time, but they totally get you. And you totally get them. Because the world is messed up, man, and music is just what helps you deal. 

3. BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY


In all honesty, I don't remember a single thing he taught me, but I'll be damned if this show wasn't both fun AND educational. 

4. MADLIBS


I mean, let's be honest, this is actually the only reason you know the parts of speech.

5. WARHEADS

I used to eat these like a champ, clutching them firmly between the roof of my mouth and my tongue and never saying never, even with the sour coating started to burn through my tongue. Which it did. Frequently. And left little blisters. 

6. OREGON TRAIL


Who can compare the trials of a modern life to the horrors your caravan faced on the Trail? When you had to barter your oxen for bread or when your cart broke down or worse, when your whole family died of dysentery. 

7. WALKMANS


I catch a lot of flack for this, but I think the 90s qualifies as the best decade for modern music. Think about it; Nirvana, Green Day, Alanis Morisette, Spice Girls, Soundgarden, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer, No Doubt, Bush, Blink 182 (before they were emo), The Offspring... need I continue? And, once you'd sat around listening to Casey Kasem and pressing record when all those awesome songs came up, you could listen to listen to your homemade mix tape on the go. 

8. WHERE'S WALDO?


I mean, seriously, where the actual fuck is he? If you were a completist like me, these books drove you absolutely bat shit crazy because you knew it wasn't just like he could be anywhere - he was refined the page you were turned to - but Christ almighty, he could be ANYWHERE!

9. MILKY PENS


Sure, they dried up fast and they smeared if you weren't patient enough (which I often wasn't), but they just looked so darn beautiful, especially when you drew on black paper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment