Friday, February 26, 2016

90s Expressions We Should Most Definitely Bring Back

Word.

Definition: An expression of affirmation.

Used in context: 
Person A: What up, bro?
Person B: Not much, just doin' my homework.
Person A: Word.

Talk to the hand.

Definition: A shortened version of "Talk to the hand 'cause the face ain't listening." A way to get someone to STFU. More advanced users simply utilize the corresponding gesture. 

Used in context: 












All that and a bag of chips.

Definition: The best and then some

Used in context: Just because Alicia got that nose job she thinks she's all that and a bag of chips.

Bounce.

Definition: Leave. There is no physical bouncing involved.

Used in context: Yeah, bro, this party's whack. Imma bounce. 

Dope.

Definition: Another way to say awesome.

Used in context: That dress is dope! Where'd you snag it?

Bunk.

Definition: Bat-shit crazy. 

Used in context:  Image result for crazy 

What's crackalackin'?

Definition: What's happening? What's up?

Used incorrectly:
1b39011dac66e7e2babd6590a53054f9

That's my name, don't wear it out.

Definition: This doesn't actually mean anything. It's just a way to be annoying.

Used in context: 
Person A: Peter?
Person B: That's my name, don't wear it out.

Score.

Definition: Awesome, amazing, fantastic, cool. Normally used as a one-word reply.

Used in context:
Person A: Check it out! I scored Filter tickets for this Saturday!
Person B: Score!

I know you are, but what am I?

Definition: This has no real meaning. It's just a way to annoy the crap out of somebody and get out of any conversations. Made popular by PeeWee Herman.

Used in context: 
Person A: Did you watch Friends last night? Joey is such a dork.
Person B: I know you are, but what am I?
Person A: What the hell are talking about?
Person B: I know you are, but what am I?
Person A: I didn't say you were anything.
Person B: I know you are, but what am I?



No comments:

Post a Comment